Monday, February 26, 2024

Spreading Smiles & Good Vibes: My Volunteering Journey with Team Nila

I first met a Team Nila volunteer when I deployed for Temasek’s Mask Distribution. She was so cheerful and energetic on answering questions and handing out masks. That same day, I signed up to volunteer with Team Nila. Yes! I want that vibe too! Wink-wink! 

Spreading Smiles & Good Vibes: My Volunteering Journey with Team Nila
Spreading Smiles & Good Vibes: My Volunteering Journey with Team Nila

My first assignment with Team Nila was at Hougang Swimming Complex. What did I do? I answered questions from the public and counted the visitors at the pool that day. Sound boring? Not at all! I had a great time chatting with the aunties and uncles there. I asked about their lives, why they chose to swim instead of taking a walk in the park, and how often they visit the complex. One aunty even invited me for coffee. Haha! It was so much fun connecting with them! I loved that moment and will never forget it!

After that, I took on different roles at different events. I have so much fun that I always have new stories to share with my husband when I get home after volunteering.

Team Nila - 2024 Appreciation Day

Then one day, Team Nila sent us a survey. While answering the questions, I felt a sense of comfort and peace of mind. My main reason for volunteering was to spend my spare time doing good, but I didn't realize how much it helped me mentally and emotionally. Volunteering is not just a pastime for me; it's a way for me to make friends and see life from others' perspectives. It's a way for me to grow as a person.

I always tell my friends that I'm at a point in my life where I'm saving "goodness points," and volunteering is my way of saving more! Whether it's brightening someone's day, putting a smile on their face, or simply making a new friend, every moment spent with Team Nila adds value to my life.

Thank you, Team Nila. You're not just helping the community; you're also helping your volunteers! Yo! Nila!

Spreading Smiles & Good Vibes My Volunteering Journey with Team Nila - 2023 Bronze Awardee
Team Nila - 2024 Bronze Awardee 




No comments:

Get this gadget at facebook popup like box