Friday, March 3, 2023

Community for Data Career Shifters

I needed a network. A network that can understand me.

Who can understand a woman at the age of 40 who will suddenly pivot to an unknown world of data? There are many questions lingering in my head. Is this a wise decision? Will it bring joy and excitement to my career? Will it sustain me financially? But before I can answer those questions for myself I realised that attending courses will not suffice for me to be a Data Analyst. I needed someone to teach me and make me comfortable in every step that I need to take. With that, I looked for a community that has this culture who believes to the capacity of a late career shifter like me. Then, I found SHE LOVES DATA.

2021 I was assigned to be on a group under Singapore Chapter but Richa, Head of Global Operations, reached out and let me to be a part of her team. Inch by inch with guidance from Venetia and trust of Richa I am now managing some of She Loves Data Signature Program. I can know first hand the dates of trainings I can attend and somewhat a free brain picking from top notch instructors of She Loves Data.


SHE LOVES DATA SINGAPORE BASED VOLUNTEERS
SHE LOVES DATA SINGAPORE BASED VOLUNTEERS

Last Thursday (11 August 2022), it is a big in-person event for She Loves Data! The very first Singapore event for 2022. The vibe is wonderful! Quinn and Aimee removed my doubts and gave comfort to alleviate my anxiety. Ohhh.. I want to cry now. They have told me stuffs that makes me think and push away the imposter syndrome out of my head.

The event is CELEBRATE YOU and it clearly stands on its name. I know and I feel that every woman and man in that room have picked some nuggets of wisdom from each other. That we all felt the warmth of community and someone is behind our back to achieve not only our data career goals but also developing ourselves for betterment.

Thank you Jana for building this kind of network.. a network of women that can understand what a career shifter like me is going through. A camaraderie indeed! 
Thank you for the free workshops that enhances and challenges our skills. Thank you so much.

With all that, I can say that I am confident to join the data workforce and let’s crunch those data! *wink-wink*

May ALMIGHTY always bless SHE LOVES DATA and all the volunteers behind it! Onward Sisters!


No comments:

Get this gadget at facebook popup like box